To legally drive in the EU, you may need to exchange your driver’s licence for a UK driver’s licence.

Moving to the UK or EU and changing your driver’s licence is relatively easy for citizens of most countries and you should be able to drive in the country with minimum fuss.

Foreigners moving to Great Britain or Northern Ireland are permitted to drive using their existing licence if it has been issued from countries within the European Economic Area (EEA) (EU plus Iceland, Norway or Lichtenstein) or a number of other countries that have reciprocal arrangements with the UK. For expats arriving from other nations, drivers will be required to take a test before being permitted to drive on the roads.

Do you need to exchange your driver’s license in the UK?
To find out if you are permitted to drive in Britain and Northern Ireland on your existing licence, a list of countries within the EU can be found at The list of countries with which Britain has reciprocal agreements includes: Australia, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Gibraltar, Hong Kong, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland and Zimbabwe.

We provide the following services

  • Drive’s license Exchange
  • Drivers licence Renewal
  • Driver’s License Registration

[whatsapp us] by clicking the whatsapp botton on the bottom right of your browser to know more about our services.